Wednesday, May 17, 2006

to be continued...

I am often more interested in the biographies of those I call geniuses than their work itself.
I am often more interested in what I call the spirit that is in/through/emanating/coursing them than what they 'produce'.
The myth of the genius is one of my guiding ones
The myth of the tortured genius is even stronger
The myth of the Artist
The search for Enlightenment
I am perhaps more interested in the myth of the person, than the person themselves.
To what extent can the myth of a person be separated from the 'real' person, 'myth' of a life from their 'real' life?

Myth is a structure I set my world upon

"that very day. or rather, that very hour,but suddenly thereafter she became feverish. As she lay in his bed and he stood over her, he had the irrepressible feeling that she was a child who had been put in a bulrush basket and sent to him.
The image of the abandoned child had consequently become dear to him,and he often reflected on the ancient myths in which it occurred. it was apparently with this in mind that he picked up a translation of Sophocles' Oedipus."


The Romantic myth, Romantic poets.
Would I go anywhere without myth? Spain, Venice, New York? And is it Romantic?
flamenco, Duende, bullfight, desert, ..
the masked diseased ones, casanova, island where the plagued ones go to die.

They are the structures upon which I set my world.
of course, IS THERE A POETIC WORLD WITHOUT MYTH?

IS THIS WORLD A 'POST MODERN WORLD?'

Can I survive it?

The only 'truth' I ever came across that I didn't feel could be untangled to ideas/myths is Prajnaparamita sutras, and deconstruction.

Belief.

Language, meaning, construction, constructed.

But the question that never goes away, I have chased this through years and down many many routes, is:

this can be deconstructed, but there is nothing else there behind it, so it becomes true, and not true.

Is it simply we chuck away the cruder myths and signifiers, the misguided ones, the ones that hurt, and live in ones that don't, myths are changing every day, not fixed ( throw away the myth of rimbaud, like a toy I don't need anymore, throw away the punk poet, throw away the Perfect One, throw away the death drive, thorw away any quest??..but then,
love, compassion, death, loss, hatred, envy, desire, fear,destruction,
not myth, but reality, Vajrasattva is only a Buddha figure to those who look lightly without seeing.
What is mystery? What is transcendental? What is void? Journey and moving nowhere. Form matter travel stillness