Monday, June 19, 2006

The Flying Bicycle, 1981

One sunny afternoon in the month of May, Grandma and I were on the field playing ball when suddenly I saw something which looked like a bicycle flying in mid air!! I blinked two or three times to see if it was a dream but it was not. When I could manage to speak, I called to Grandma, but Grandma had seen it also and she was staring up in astonishment.

"It's a flying bicycle!" cried Grandma.

"I cannot believe it!" I replied.

It flew lower as if it wanted us to climb on. Then suddenly it landed and we could see it was a flying machine made for two!! Grandma shook her head.

"I'm not getting on that" she said, but I was so excited and so I persuaded her to hop on.

"This flying machine might be able to wish us somewhere" I said.

"I feel like going home, not whizzing off to goodness knows where" said Grandma.

Before we could say anymore we were swept off into the clouds and then into the sunshine. It was very warm and we seemed to be racing with the birds who were screeching at the strange sight.

Grandma really did look a fright with her hat turned back to front and her specs all crooked on her nose. I did laugh. My stomach turned over when the machine swooped down over the sea and we could see the waves and a big ship.

Suddenly we were flying high again and it was so hot that we took our jackets off and hung them on the handles. Grandma shouted that we were flying over the desert. We could see lots of camels. Grandma said she was simply dying for a cup of tea, then all of a sudden we found ourselves sitting on the fields.
We could not remember landing but poor Grandma was out of breath. The flying machine had vanished.

We walked home for tea and we decided that what had happened would be kept a secret. grandma thought Mummy would not believe us!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home